ASSOCIATE IN MARINE ENGINEERING (INTERMEDIATE)
The courses is delivered in line with the standard training of certification and watch keeping (STCW Code) for officers or ratings who are in charge of engineering watch and also those who are designated with the duty of an engineering watch in periodically unmanned engine room on a seagoing ship of about 750KW or more propulsion power. Trainees for the course will gain knowledge in standard competence required to undertake at the operational level the duty off an engineering watch with periodic maintenance and repair of 3000KW propulsion engine.
The training course is design to provide basic knowledge and competency to prospective engineering trainees to work on board any vessel in the engine department under the designation of the chief engineers and serve as an intermediate to be eligible for Officers training programs.
- Candidates must have attained the age of 18years or above
- Must hold a valid medical certificate of fitness to engage in seafaring career.
- Must have completed an approved sea-going experience approved by the Administration (NIMASA) for not less than 18
- Must COC, HND, BSC in trade certifications
- Must have STCW Basic Certifications
- Mechanical science
- Hand and Power Tools
- Electrical Technology
- Basic Engineering Science
- Engine Drawing
- Use of English
- Machine Tools
- Marine Plant Operations
- Industrial Chemistry
- Marine Engineering Maintenance
- Welding and Fabrication
- Introduction to Computer Hardware
- Ship and Ship Routine
- Naval Architecture
- Ship Constructions
- Electrical Machineries etc
The training course is design to provide basic knowledge and competency.