BASIC SCAFFOLDING COURSE
The course is tailored to meet the requirement of IADC syllabus demonstrating the competence and knowledge of basic scaffold operations in the oil and gas industries. The purpose of working scaffold is to provide a safe place of work with safe access suitable for the work being done. This training sets out performance requirements for safe working practice and principles in scaffolding. The course also specifies structural designs rules when certain materials are used and general rules for prefabricated equipment. The training is designed to enable the instructor to undertake a structured and effective delivery technique as it captures the fundamental elements of the course.
This course will give participants the necessary skills and knowledge to plan, prepare & complete basic scaffolding work as prescribed in the curricula for International Association of Drilling contractors (IADC) Performing High Risk Work. On completion of this course participants will be able to manage risks; inspect equipment; work with fibre ropes; construct and dismantle modular scaffolds
- Candidates must have attained the age of 18years or above
- Must hold a valid medical certificate of fitness to engage in seafaring career.
- Must have completed an approved sea-going experience approved by the Administration (NIMASA) for not less than 18
- Must COC, HND, BSC in trade certifications
- Must have STCW Basic Certifications
- Company risk management procedures and scaffolding risk control
- Plan Work -Site requirements and rules; site hazard identification; emergency procedures; priorities; scaffold fit for the purpose.
- Rope work including bowline; clove hitch; timber hitch; rolling hitch; use of gin wheels.
- Scaffold Terminology, PPE & Equipments
- Identify scaffold components and use; identify damaged components.
- Identify individual modular systems, their advantages/disadvantages.
- Tube and Coupler overview and use
- Ground Bearing Pressure related to live load; dead load.
- Minimums and Maximums including lift height bay width, length light/medium/heavy duty scaffolds; bracing of scaffolds; tying of scaffolds.
- Foundation and Erection Procedures
- Ties, Ladder, Manual Handling and Lifting Teaching
- Estimation of material
- Practical Training -Erect modular scaffold; use tube and coupler where necessary to modify; tag completed scaffold; dismantle scaffold and stow gear.
The training course is design to provide basic knowledge and competency.