ENGINEERING WATCHKEEPING COURSE ( STCW REG.III/4)
This course has been designed to meet STCW regulation III/4. Course is open to mariners who wish to obtain an appropriate certificate in order to perform duties as a rating forming part of engineer watch in a manned engine-room (oiler, fitter)
This course covers the requirements of chapter III of the STCW Convention and section A-III/4 of the STCW Code. This functional element provides the detailed knowledge to support the training outcomes related to Marine Engineering at the Support Level.
This course also provides the background knowledge and practical work to:
- Contribute to a safe engineering watch
- Communicate with the officer of the watch, and
- Use internal communication systems.
- Candidate must be above 18 years
- Posses Valid Seafarer Medical
- Valid Means of Identification
- 2 Recent Photographs
- Engine system
- Safety regulations and environment protection
- Basic of diesel engines
- Engine Room Watchkeeping
- Engine Operations and Maintenance
- Ship Power Plant Operations
- Auxiliary Machines
- Marine Communications
The training course is design to provide basic knowledge and competency.