HELICOPTER LANDING OFFICER (HLO) COURSE
This Helicopter Landing Officer (HLO) training is conducted following the world’s best-practice standards. The aim and objectives of the Helicopter Landing Officer Training Program are to equip the delegate with the knowledge, understanding, and skills required to perform the role of Offshore Helicopter Landing Officer (HLO) safely and effectively.
To give the participant basic knowledge and skills of helicopter safety, enabling the trainee to operate as a HLO on an offshore installation, under normal conditions, as well as in an emergency.
- Preparation of a helicopter landing deck prior, during, and after the helicopter operation
- Use of visual means of communication
- Various types of helicopters operating offshore
- Aero technical problems on a helicopter landing deck
- The forms to be filled out in connection with helicopter traffic operations
- Procedures regarding dangerous goods
- Quality control of helicopter fuel and execute refueling
- Firefighting and lifesaving equipment being present and functional
- Firefighting and safety techniques in the event of a helicopter crash
- Firefighting in the event of fires occurring while the helicopter is refueling
- During firefighting to co-operate about the rescue of helicopter crew and passengers
- Transportation of Special Loads
- Helideck Regulations etc.