MEDICAL FIRST AID COURSE
This course is designed for seafarers designated to provide medical first aid onboard a ship in accordance with Regulation V1/4-1 of the annex to the STCW convention and section as amended. Every seafarer who is designated to apply immediate effective action in the event of an accident or illness on board a vessel must demonstrate competence to undertake the task, duties, and responsibilities described in the subjects listed in column 1 of table A-VI/4- 1. The training aims to provide knowledge to designated seafarers to take immediate effective action in the case of accidents or illness likely to occur onboard ships.
- Candidate must be above 18 years
- Posses Valid Seafarer Medical
- Valid Means of Identification
- 2 Recent Photographs
- Examination of a casualty
- Spinal injuries
- Burns and scalds
- The effects of heat and cold
- Fractures, dislocation, and muscular injuries
- Radio medical advice
- Cardiac arrest, drowning, and asphyxia etc.