Participants on this course will gain knowledge, understanding, and competence including practical knowledge in effectively performing basic marine engineering duties onboard sea-going vessels. They will also gain knowledge in the area of operations and maintenance of marine engines and the basic safety procedures to effective conduct on assigned or designated duties onboard ship The scope and objective of the course is limited to designated duties on board ship and it’s in accordance with the STCW A-III/4 regulation.
- Candidate must be above 18 years
- Posses Valid Seafarer Medical
- Valid Means of Identification
- 2 Recent Photographs
- Maintenance of Engines
- Safety Familiarization of Marine Engine Watch
- Repair of Engines
- Fuel Properties
- Fuel and Transfer Operations on board
- Diesel and Petrol Engine
- Fuel System
- Cooling Systems
- Lubrications/Starting Systems
- Valve Mechanisms
- Pumping Systems etc.