RATING FORMING PART OF THE NAVIGATIONAL WATCH (STCW II/4)
A Rating Forming Part of a Navigational Watch (RFPNW) is a qualified rating, designed to fulfill the Support Level of STCW A-II/4 in the deck department. STCW requires all ratings forming part of a navigational watch on seagoing vessels of 500gt and over to be duly certificated to perform these duties. This includes entry-level ratings standing navigational watches, such as lookout watches. It is also required by the personnel serving in a maintenance department when those persons are mandated by the Certificate of Inspection or manning document to be qualified to augment the watch.
Function 1: Navigation
Function 2: Cargo Handling and Stowage
Function 3: Controlling the Operation of the Ship and Care for Persons on Board
Function 4: Maintenance and Repair.
- Basic Environmental Protection,
- Navigational Watch Keeping
- Cargo Handling and Stowage
- Anchoring and Mooring System
- Ship Handling and Seamanship.
- Marine Safety,
- Maintenance and Repair onboard.
- Marine Pollution, etc.
- Candidate must be above 18 years
- Possess Valid Seafarer Medical
- Valid Means of Identification
- 2 Recent Photographs