Rigger Training program is specifically designed to upgrade the existing knowledge and skill levels of basic and trainee riggers. The absence of good rigging practices and lack of hands-on training contributes to a large percentage of material handling accidents.
The program focuses on determining the correct size and type of rigging equipment required to safely perform lifting operations. The information in this two-day program provided in the classroom is reinforced with hands-on application sessions with rigging gear.
At the end of the training, the participant should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the basic requirements of legislation, their legal obligations, and responsibilities
- Demonstrate knowledge of force influences, sling configurations, and safety procedures
- Select appropriate lifting equipment for each lift etc.
- Slinging and safe working loads
- Weight of load
- Crane safety
- Slings, Flexible steel wire rope (FSWR)
- Chain (grade 80 & 100)
- Flat webbing and round synthetic slings
- Fiber/Synthetic rope
- Lifting Accessories etc.